Hosting a party at your home requires some planning and consideration for your neighbors. Here are some quick tips for being a responsible party host:
Before the Party:
- Invite only people you know.
- Serve food and non-alcoholic beverages.
- If you do serve alcohol, obey all laws and do not serve to underage guests.
- Tell your neighbors you are having a party so they are aware.
During the Party:
- Stay sober.
- Don't have an open bar.
- Don't let guests wonder to the neighbors yard.
After the Party:
- Pick up any and all litter.
The Good Neighbor Program is designed to help you understand the responsibilities of living in neighborhoods and how to be a good neighbor and community member. The program is also intended to help you understand your rights as a Lawrence resident and access resources to help you live safely and comfortably.