Frequently Asked Questions
KU utilizes AlcoholEdu for College, an online, science-based program that provides the latest information about alcohol and its effects on the body and mind. The program is personalized to each student based on their previous alcohol education, choices regarding alcohol and gender. AlcoholEdu includes several chapters of content, interactive exercises, and assessments of alcohol-related knowledge, attitudes and behaviors. Whether you choose to drink or not, this course will empower you to make well informed decisions about your own use of alcohol and help you better cope with the drinking behavior of your friends and peers.
Data suggest that AlcoholEdu significantly improves knowledge and increases protective behaviors among students who drink alcohol. A research study on AlcoholEdu showed that students who completed it experienced a 50% reduction in negative academic and personal consequences (Wall, 2007).
Wall, A. F. (2007). Evaluating a Health Education Website: The Case of AlcoholEdu. NASPA Journal, 44(4), Art. 4.
All newly-enrolled, degree-seeking students on the Lawrence campus under the age of 21 as of August 1st of the academic year are required to complete the KU alcohol education online course.
Yes, all survey responses are strictly confidential. KU will only receive information about the student body as a whole and will never see individual student answers. You can feel confident that providing truthful answers - no matter what they are - will not put you at any risk for repercussions.
The program will be available to access beginning January 16, 2018.
For students that are required to complete the KU alcohol education online course:
NOTE: For best results in accessing the program, Chrome or Firefox is preferred over Internet Explorer or other web browsers.
- Go to KU Enroll & Pay and log in with your user name and password.
- Select Student Center and look under the Academics header.
- Click on Mandatory Alcohol Education link to access the course. You will be redirected to the AlcoholEdu registration page.
- On the registration page you may be asked for additional information to complete the creation of your account. You will not need to create an additional username or password.
- You may login and out of the course at the end of each section. Section ends are marked with a "Next" button. DO NOT log out until you click the "Next" button or you will have to repeat the section you have just gone through.
- To log back into your account, always access AlcoholEdu from your KU Enroll & Pay account and follow steps 2 and 3.
- Go to https://platform.everfi.net/registration/signup.
- Select "Register" and enter the following Login ID: 9C155317OTH
- Once you access the program with the provided Login ID, you will be able to establish your own personal login information.
If you do not have a computer, you can use any publicly available computer with Internet access (computer lab locations on campus)
- Students will receive information via email from KU about how to access the AlcoholEdu course. This is the first day students may log into Part 1 of AlcoholEdu. Part 1 takes approximately 2 hours to complete. Students should avoid waiting until the last minute to complete the program.
- February 5, 2018 - Part 1 must be completed by this date or your enrollment for the following semester will be jeopardized.
- You will receive an email from "Everfi" prompting you to begin Part 2, which will take approximately 15 minutes to complete. Students should avoid waiting until the last minute to complete the program.
- March 19, 2018 - Part 2 must be completed by this date or your enrollment for the following semester will be jeopardized.
Failure to complete both parts of the course by the deadlines will result in a hold on your record that will prevent enrollment for the following semester.
Trouble with KU Enroll and Pay:
Trouble with AlcoholEdu:
If you receive the message "Service Unavailable" while trying to navigate through the course, please try the trouble shooting steps listed below:
- Try an alternate browser. Chrome or Firefox is preferred over Internet Explorer or other web browsers.
- Refresh the screen 2 to 3 times from within the course.
- Close all browser windows, and try logging into the course again.
If you experience other technical difficulties, the AlcoholEdu Online Technical Support Center is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. For support, click the "Help" button in the upper-right corner of any active window in AlcoholEdu for College or call (866) 384-9062.